Indoor Air Quality & Mold Testing
Mold is a common problem in many homes. Unfortunately, there are many different strains of fungal contamination, and it can be difficult to pinpoint the problem and find a solution. Hygenix Inc. in Fairfield County, CT, has a professional team of environmental specialists with a full laboratory of equipment to determine if you have mold that is causing poor indoor air quality and making it difficult to breathe.
Health Effects of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Small amounts of mold are generally not harmful, because most people are exposed to low levels of fungi every day. In large quantities, toxic exposure occurs, causing allergic reactions, infections or breathing difficulties. Immune-compromised people are at a higher risk of developing symptoms related to mold exposure. There are strains of fungi that can cause headaches, nosebleeds and flu-like symptoms. Although you may be tempted to use bleach on your problem, this can actually spread the spores into the air and fail to properly clear all mold from the surface.
Most issues with mold are due to excess moisture in your home or building. Fungi can grow in the cracks and crevices and they can be difficult to track. Professional mold testing pinpoints the problem accurately and tells you the mold strains with which you are dealing. This lets you tackle it more effectively and get it cleaned up so that you and your inhabitants don’t get sick.
Keep Your Family Healthy
Learn the IAQ of your home with mold testing from Hygenix Inc. in Fairfield County and Stamford. Call our team at 203-324-2222 or 800-201-1227 for environmental services, including industrial hygiene for businesses and asbestos testing for any building. We want to help you maintain a safe environment.